Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sailing

I have spent three hours today peacefully sailing on the Leeds-Liverpool canal from Skipton. The weather was beautiful, the scenery magnificent, the company fun and the wild life plentiful. Herons, swans and their cygnets, mother ducklings (I want to say ‘shepherding’ but that doesn’t seem right) carefully guiding their broods through the water. Blue skies and lots of greenery …

All in all, a very colourful day.

As I am, at the moment, being very mindful of colour and its importance in my life, I thought I’d like to post some photographs of some colourful items I made for my dear friends, Mags and Adrienne.

Bags made from dyed silk …


A nuno felted book cover ...


and an appliqued one with it's own little tag ...


... and here we are enjoying an interval break from 'As you like it' ...



which we did - very much! More later ...

(Hey, the photos all came through in order. I haven't forgotten it all!)

2 comments:

Jackie said...

What lovely watery posts..the Canal and the Avon. Where have you been hiding those gorgeous bags and books?

Maggi said...

What beautiful bags and book covers.