Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring in the air?

It is so long since I did a blog post. It has been a hard winter. So much has happened, not all of it good, but it has been a busy time. The box is finished and raffled and won, making someone happy.
One of the highlights of the last two months was a wonderful weekend course with Jacqueline Smith. organised by Ribble Creative Stitchers. I have long admired Jacqueline's work and I just love this print of one of her collages.

I have been busy doing a blog for Preston Embroiderers Guild, which you can look at at here.
Many thanks to Jackie, who knows all there is to know about blogging ... and many other things.

Another highlight was a talk by Judy Fairless of the Contemporary Quilt Group at Parbold Embroiderers' Guild on Saturday. This was the 'Journal Quilt Project' and involved making a small quilt every month for a year. Judy did this for four years!
I'm not a quilter but I was entranced by some of the images and ideas. These little shoes were delightful. There were lovely sketchbooks as well ...
... as more than 48 delightful quilts.
This was one of my favourites - a Tuscan hillside.

There is, perhaps, a hint of spring in the air and the promise of the return of creativity?

2 comments:

lilylovekin said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. Yes it has been a long, cold, wet winter. And it was nice to have a true spring day.

Jackie said...

You do get around. I love the look of those quilts.