Sunday, August 31, 2008

Round and round the garden - and Blogger!



Aaargh! This is the fifth time I have tried to do a post with more than one picture and each time the gremlins sabotage what I've done. So I'll blog about the pictures I've got and try again tomorrow. There's only so much a girl can take!

This is a view of the Ribble Valley from a house and garden that I've wanted to visit for a long time. It's the 'Old Zoo Garden' at Brockall Village, near Whalley. The site was once a vast 'mental asylum' with 3,500 patients and the garden is built on the 'petting zoo' of the hospital, hence the name. It's an amazing place, full of sculptures and wonderful planting which matches the scale of the site. It wasn't the best of days but the views were amazing. Wish I could show you more! Thanks to the National Gardens Scheme we were able to sneak a peek today.



This is a picture of my friends David and Kathy whose 'love story' makes me go weak at the knees. One day I'll write the script for the Hollywood movie! They now live in a delightful little house which overlooks the canal and they can look out at boats and ducks and lots of other delightful 'traffic'. So romantic.

Perhaps I'll try to pop some more pictures into a new post - if Blogger will let me?

No comments: